Man, 27, Who Was Reported Missing Found Alive

October 1, 2018

The 27-year-old man that had been missing in Evia since early on Sunday morning, after he was swept away by a torrent caused by the severe weather conditions in Greece, was found alive on Monday.

The young man had become trapped at a fixed point between two rivers near Mantoudi, Evia.

“It was a difficult operation. Fortunately, everything went well. What is important is that he was found alive,” the Chief of the Central Greece Fire Brigade Nikos Spais, who coordinated the opeation, said to the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA).

The search for an elderly couple that also went missing in the Mantoudi area in Evia is continuing, following the rescue of the 27-year-old man, the fire brigade said.

Teams from the 1st and 7th EMAK disaster response response units, a helicopter, a fire brigade drone and divers are participating in the search-and-rescue operation.


ATHENS - A protest rally at Syntagma Square concluded on Tuesday evening with farmers from all of Greece calling on the government to meet their demands.

Top Stories


A pregnant woman was driving in the HOV lane near Dallas.

General News

NEW YORK – Meropi Kyriacou, the new Principal of The Cathedral School in Manhattan, was honored as The National Herald’s Educator of the Year.


‘Without Us, You Don’t Eat’: Greek Farmers Ride Some 200 Tractors to Athens to Demand Financial Help (Vids)

ATHENS — Greek farmers rode Tuesday some 200 tractors to the capital, Athens, demanding financial help from the government as cost of living spiked in the Mediterranean country.

ATHENS - SYRIZA-Progressive Alliance leader called on members of the Political Secretariat meeting on Tuesday to clarify whether they are doubting him as party leader.

WASHINGTON - The White House continues to warn Israel against expanding its offensive into Rafah, the southernmost city in the Gaza Strip.

KANSAS CITY, Mo — Missouri prosecutors said Tuesday that two men have been charged with murder in last week’s shooting that killed one person and injured 22 others after the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl parade.

Enter your email address to subscribe

Provide your email address to subscribe. For e.g. [email protected]

You may unsubscribe at any time using the link in our newsletter.