Welcome to TNH’s Takeover! In collaboration with The Hellenic Initiative (THI), The National Herald and THI have begun a partnership to introduce the NEXTGEN of Greek/Cypriot ‘movers and shakers’ to the rest of our Diaspora community around the world. Established to inform its readers about all things related to our homeland and its respective communities throughout the world, TNH is now providing THI’s New Leaders (40-years-old and younger), with a new platform to showcase their ideas and to engage their communities in a deeper, more meaningful way while simultaneously building a bridge to Greece and Cyprus. Our next featured New Leader is Eunice Buhler. Get to know her below!"
Last Name, First Name
What city do you live in?
Where in Greece are you from?
What motivated you to get involved with THI?
- THI truly helps people in need and has an energetic community. I love Greece and want to help the Motherland that has given me so much.
Favorite place to take your non-Greek friends when they visit you in Greece?
Go-to Greek drink when you're missing the homeland?
In addition to THI, how are you involved in/help the Greek community?
- I serve on the Alumni board of the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation, I am an active member of St. George Greek Orthodox Church in Chicago, I'm an avid Greek dancer, and I regularly mentor young Hellenic Americans.
Favorite quote from a Greek philosopher?
- Excellence is not a gift, but a skill that takes practice. We do not act ‘rightly’ because we are ‘excellent’, in fact we achieve ‘excellence’ by acting ‘rightly’.
How has your Hellenic background helped shape who you are today?
- Knowing that my ancestors have endured many great challenges has given me tremendous strength in times of difficulty.
- What's the BEST that can happen?