ATHENS – The Social Housing Strategy announced by Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis at the Thessaloniki International Fair (TIF) includes 6+1 measures for cheaper housing.
Labour and Social Affairs Minister Kostis Hatzidakis, Environment and Energy Minister Kostas Skrekas, Education and Religious Affairs Minister Niki Kerameus, Minister of State Akis Skertsos, and the Governor of OAED (Public Employment Service) Spyros Protopsaltis outlined the measures in a press conference on Thursday.
These measures are:
1. Interest-free or low-interest mortgages for young people aged 25-39
2. Mass renovation of empty houses
3. Utilization of real estate of the State through the institution of social compensation
4. Subsidy for the energy upgrade of an owner-occupied residence for young people aged 18-39
5. Housing renovation subsidy for long-term lease
6. Creation of new modern student residences
7. Increase of student benefits