The Embassy of the republic of Cyprus announces a vacancy for the position of SECRETARY
The Embassy of the Republic of Cyprus in the United States (2211 R Street NW, Washington DC 20008) invites applications for the full-time position of Secretary under locally employed staff terms and conditions.
Job duties and responsibilities
The position covers a variety of tasks and duties in different areas of the Embassy’s work. Among the duties and tasks are: Handling incoming emails, respond to incoming requests and general inquiries, preparing reports for the Ambassador, assist in organizing travel arrangements and meetings, assist in organizing events, assist in general administrative duties, providing secretarial support, archiving, photocopying, assist in consular matters and perform additional relevant office duties as directed.
- Fluent in English, written and oral. Greek language will be considered as an advantage.
- Very good communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Possession of appropriate U.S. work authorization (green card or citizenship).
- Integrity, discretion, strong attention to detail, ability to take responsibility and initiative.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to work to multiple deadlines and busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- University diploma associated with the position’s requirements will be considered as an advantage.
- Prior relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
Salary is determined in accordance with the General Schedule (GS) Classification and Pay System of the US Office of Personnel Management (Salary Table 2021-DCB). Annual salary: $43,000 – $47,900 depending on assigned duties, responsibilities and experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and CV (both in English) which should include contacts for at least two (2) references to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of business on 19 April 2021. Please also submit a copy of green card or permanent residence.
Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. The candidate is expected to provide proof of academic and other qualifications, as well as prior work experience at the time of the interview.
For more information you may contact the Embassy Administration Office on 202-462-5772 (ext. 4).
March 23rd, 2021