Another Autumn and Winter with COVID-19 and many other diseases is coming. From common influenza to COVID-19, some simple tricks and everyday habits will protect you.
- Be positive. Science has proven that positive thinking helps cure for many diseases, chronic or not. Keeping your spirits high and your mind busy will help you to boost your immunity.
- Daily use of panacea herbs: garlic, onion, ginger, horseradish, lemon, turmeric, rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage will give you a super tonic on a daily basis. Make your own plan, for cooking and drinking and use them in every way to help you!
- Probiotics. These little treasures are not only for the digestive system. Daily eating can help you overcome several diseases. Yogurt or kefir products are ideal.
4.Vitamin C and A. High doses of vitamin C (1,000-2,000 mg in dietary supplements) is good for prevention. 25,000 IU of vitamin A on daily basis helps to ‘rebuild’ the lungs.
5.Elderberry. In syrup, capsules, or tincture it has a great flavor, in my opinion, and it helps health too!
- Echinacea. I can write a whole article about the benefits of echinacea. It is one of the best immune system enhancers, especially for fighting influenza.
- Essential oils. What we breathe is what we are. Many diseases affect the respiratory system. Taking care of what we breathe in close environments like the office is important. Lemon, orange, clove, eucalyptus, peppermint, have antiviral action and can be used as an aroma in your workplace. You can also dilute them in olive oil and consume them in small quantities (one two drops in 20 ml).
Last but not least, cut out the ‘bad habits’! You know which are they!
*The above is not medical advice but mere suggestions for improving your diet. Before reach herbal use you should consult your doctor, especially those who have health issues, are pregnant or are under the age of 6.
Evropi-Sofia Dalampira holds a PhD in Agricultural Economics and an MSc in Botany-Biology.