BALTIMORE, MD – Greek-American Congressman John Sarbanes, who represents Maryland's Third Congressional District, released the following information and resources for Marylanders during these difficult times.
Rep. Sarbanes message follows:
“I hope that you and your family are keeping safe and staying healthy during this difficult time. In the face of many challenges, I am confident we will emerge a stronger, fairer and more unified country.
“Recognizing that so many Marylanders continue to suffer from the health and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, I will keep pushing to extend and strengthen key resources that Congress delivered in the historic Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- Direct payments for individuals and families;
- Extended and enhanced unemployment insurance;
- Housing assistance for renters and homeowners;
- Loans and grants for small businesses;
- Student loan debt relief;
- Funding for our hospitals and health care providers;
- Incentives for the development of vaccines and treatments;
- Support for COVID-19 testing capacity and contact tracing;
- Relief for state and local governments who employ essential workers and first responders; and
- Resources to ensure free, fair and safe elections in November.
“While I work to advance these important priorities in Washington, my team is available to help you navigate federal agencies and access important benefits. I encourage you to use the resource guide (available online: https://sarbanes.house.gov/sites/sarbanes.house.gov/files/2020-MAILER_HereToHelp_FINAL.pdf) and to reach out to my office for any assistance you need.
“As always, for regular news and updates about COVID-19, you can follow me on Facebook and Twitter."
A full list of COVID-19 resources is available on Rep. Sarbanes’ website: https://sarbanes.house.gov.