ATHENS — Hellenic Republic President Katerina Sakellaropoulou will visit Cyprus from September 21 (Monday) to 23, where she will meet with her counterpart, party and church leaders, and justices, among others.
In statements to the Cyprus News Agency, Sakellaropoulou said Cyprus was her first visit abroad since assuming the presidency, "and it could not have been otherwise."
Commenting on her visit, she said, "Under current circumstances, with Turkish aggression rising, my visit underlines the unith of Greece and Cyprus and the urgent necessity of coordinating in order to protect our sovereignty and sovereign rights as European Union member states."
Her schedule, released on Saturday, is as follows:
MONDAY (Sept. 21)
– 10:50 a.m., private meeting with Cyprus Republic President Nicos Anastasiades, to be followed by expanded talks between delegations
– 12:30 p.m., meeting with Archbishiop Chrysostomos II of Nea Ioustiniani and All Cyprus
– Meeting with Cyprus Parliamentary President Dimitris Syllouris, in the presence of MPs, followed by meetings with party leaders and representatives of associations
– Wrapping up of the day with a formal dinner in her honor by Anastasiades
TUESDAY (Sept. 22)
– Sakellaropoulou will visit the ceasefire line ("Green Line") and several monuments in the area, as well as the Leventis Art Gallery
WEDNESDAY (Sept. 23)
– Meeting with the president of Cyprus' Supreme Court, Stelios Nathanail, and justices
– 15:40 p.m., return to Athens