ATHENS — The Civil Servants Federation (ADEDY) has called a nationwide strike on November 26.
According to its announcement, the union's demands are:
– Effective measures to protect the health of employees in work places and schools
– Mass hirings in the health and welfare sector with integration in the state's planning and no outsourcing of services
– Decongestion of public transport by hiring more staff and requisitioning thousands of private coaches that are currently idle
– Salary increases and restoration of the 13th and 14th salary
– Abstention from any electronic 'pseudovoting" throughout the public sector for the service councils and extension to the terms of the service councils
ADEDY is also demand the immediate withdrawal of a draft law on collective and union activity "which effectively forbids strike action."