ATHENS – The Health Ministry on Monday issued a set of basic protection guidelines against the transmission of the novel Coronavirus COVID-19.
The observance of basic hygiene rules stands as follows:
– Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water or a disinfectant solution.
– When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with an elbow or a tissue and wash hands immediately afterwards. Dispose of the tissue immediately after use in a closed bin.
– Avoid close contact with others when experiencing cold symptoms such as cough, fever, runny nose and sore throat or with people who have these symptoms.
– If you have symptoms of fever, cough or difficulty breathing and have a travel record in an affected area, stay at home and contact your doctor or the National Public Health Organization on 210-521200 and 210-5212054.
– If you experience symptoms while traveling, immediately inform the crew and seek medical help.
– Wash your hands when you cook, when you take care of patients and when you come in contact with animals.
– Trust specialists and scientists for all coronavirus-related information and updates.