ATHENS — The National Public Health Organization, in its daily bulletin on novel coronavirus infections, confirmed the following numbers on Tuesday:
– 1,240 new cases, 14 of which were identified at entry points to the country
– 126,372 total confirmed SARS-CoV-2 cases in Greece since the start of the pandemic, of which 5,143 are linked to travel abroad and 36,203 to already known cases
– 550 intubated patients in hospitals. Their median age is 67, 77.5 pct have an underlying condition or are over 70 years old, and 166 are women
– 755 have been discharged from ICUs since the start of the pandemic in Greece
– 98 have died in the last 24 hours, with the total standing now at 3,785 since the first outbreak. The median age of all was 79 years and 95.6 pct had an underlying condition and/or were aged 70 or more. Of the deceased, 1,512 were women.