ATHENS – Several ferry schedules were cancelled on Monday due to high winds in Greek seas registering gale-force winds of up to 8 on the Beaufort scale in the Aegean Sea and 9 at the Ionian Sea.
On Monday, only closed top ferries were servicing Saronic Gulf islands. Two evening schedules were cancelled: ‘Blue Star Naxos’ to Paros, Naxos, Donoussa, Egiali, and Astypalea (17:30), and ‘Blue Star 2’ to Syros, Patmos, Leros, Kos, and Rhodes (18:00). Also cancelled were ‘Blue Star Myconos’ with final destination Karlovasi/Vathy on Samos (16:00) and ‘Adamantios Korais’ for Kythnos and final destination Thera/Santorini (14:55).
On Tuesday morning, two ferry routes are also cancelled: ‘Blue Star Delos’ for Paros, Naxos, Ios, and Thera (07:25), and ‘Blue Star Paros’ for Syros, Tinos, and Mykonos (07:30).
In addition, ferries on the following lines were cancelled on Monday:
– From Rafina to the Cyclades, except ferries to Marmari
– From Lavrion to the islands of Kea and Kithnos
– From Aghia Marina/Nea Stira to Kavala and Prinos on Thassos island
– Ferries between Alexandroupolis and Samothraki island
– Ferries from Igoumenitsa to Lefkimi (closed top ferries did sail to Corfu, however)
Only closed top ferries were sailing between Keramoti and Limenas on Thassos.