x

Society

Five-Year-Old Girl Dies in Florina Area from Allergic Shock to Antibiotic

August 22, 2018
ANA

A five-year-old girl died from allergic shock at Variko village in the Amynteo area of Florina, after being administered an antibiotic by a doctor.

The child was administered the antibiotic on Tuesday morning for fever. At 8:00 p.m. she complained of a sore throat and as soon as she drank water, fainted. Her father and the village president rushed her to the Bodossakis Hospital’s Children’s Clinic, where doctors could not resuscitate her.

Clinic director Dimitris Kyfonidis told the Athens-Macedonian News Agency (ANA) the child had thrown up, turned blue and fainted before being rushed to the hospital, and that when she arrived at the hospital she was clinically dead.

RELATED

ATHENS - For 5 days journalists and representatives of international organizations and independent media will come together to share experiences and exchange ideas and knowledge on the matter of trust in journalism, iMEdD says in its announcement .

Top Stories

Columnists

A pregnant woman was driving in the HOV lane near Dallas.

General News

FALMOUTH, MA – The police in Falmouth have identified the victim in an accident involving a car plunging into the ocean on February 20, NBC10 Boston reported.

General News

NEW YORK – Meropi Kyriacou, the new Principal of The Cathedral School in Manhattan, was honored as The National Herald’s Educator of the Year.

Video

Two Boats Carrying Refugees Sink Off Greek Islands, 17 Dead

MYTILENE - Villagers on the Greek island of Kythira rushed to help pull refugees and migrants to safety after a sailboat struck rocks and sank, saving 80 but at least 15 are missing.

Enter your email address to subscribe

Provide your email address to subscribe. For e.g. abc@xyz.com

You may unsubscribe at any time using the link in our newsletter.