ATHENS – Unhappy he was rejected for another vacation from a low-security prison farm, notorious terrorist assassin Dimitris Koufodinas said he would go on a hunger strike after his request was turned down for a second consecutive time.
Koufodinas was one of the masterminds of the terrorist group Nov. 17 that killed 23 people, including five Americans attached to the US Embassy over the years and had gotten six previous furloughs, including one during the Christmas holidays where he was seen walking around Athens pointing out spots where his group had killed people.
At first he was given two days freedom and then four-days, not counting travel time and had been moved from the alleged high-security Korydallos Prison in Athens to the work farm to serve his term of 11 life sentences for multiple murders.
In February the prosecutor on a prison council assigned the correctional institution near the city of Volos objected to another furlough and it was denied, although the warden and a social worker on the council said the killer should have a few more days off from jail.
Under Greek law, all prisoners are entitled to a furlough if they qualify but there’s no reports anyone other than Koufodinas has been getting them since other terrorists broke the terms and didn’t return from their vacations from jail before being caught.
The ruling Radical Left SYRIZA of Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is riddled with anarchist and terrorist sympathizers with earlier reports indicating the government was paving the way for Koufodinas to be released outright.