GR US

Nevada’s Governor Cancels a TV Conference after He Learned He Was Potentially Exposed to COVID-19

Αssociated Press

FILE - In this May 7, 2020, file photo, Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak listens to a reporter s question during a news conference in Carson City, Nev. (AP Photo/Scott Sonner, File)

LAS VEGAS — Nevada’s governor canceled a planned Tuesday night news conference to detail his plans to reopen more of the state’s economy after he learned he was potentially exposed to the coronavirus.

Democrat Steve Sisolak said he was canceling the news conference “out of an abundance of caution” and instead planned to release a recorded video message Tuesday night from the governor’s mansion offering details on his plans.

Sisolak said he learned Tuesday that a work place he visited last week has since had a worker test positive for COVID-19. The worker was not in the building at the time and the governor has shown no symptoms of the virus in the five days since his potential exposure.

Sisolak said he planned to take a test for the virus Wednesday morning and would release the results when he has them.

The governor’s office did not immediately release details about the work place he visited last week.