The winter can be a tough time for those looking to eat healthy. With fattening holiday leftovers gone and forgotten, now is the time to add some delicious seasonal vegetables to your meals. Boosting your intake of anti-oxidants, vitamins, fiber, and nutrients with hearty winter vegetables is the way to go. Beets are a treat this time of year. As a side dish, their natural sweetness brightens up most winter meals. Make sure to enjoy the stems and tasty beet greens as well.
Traditional Greek Beets
- 4-5 medium-sized beets with leaves attached
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Greek extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Greek sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper