Ideal Red for Tabouli and Quinoa Dishes

Villa Sant’Anna, Chianti Colli Senesi, 2011

Nestled in Southern Tuscany in Abbadia di Montepulciano, the Villa Sant’Anna estate is run by a talented mother-and-two-daughter team. For admirers of elegant Sangiovese, their Chianti from the Colli Senesi vineyards is sure to please.

Light to medium bodied, this is a great selection for dishes that don’t yearn for big, bold, powerful wines. Up front on the palate with a lingering finish, the wine doesn’t sacrifice any flavor for the sake of levity. The composition is 80% Sangiovese, the remaining 20% split between other indigenous varietals, and makes for a classic Chianti stylistically.

If you’re serving a Cypriot tabouli salad, or any quinoa dish, and in the mood for a red wine pairing, you’ve found the right one.