WASHINGTON, DC – The Washington Oxi Day Foundation announced on September 4 its Philotimo Scholarship Competition. The Foundation is offering the following scholarships to five Greek-American students (Grades 6-12) who best describe “philotimo”:
First Place: $2,000 scholarship and an invitation to the Foundation’s October 24 black tie gala in Washington, DC, where the winner will be recognized
Second Place: $1,000 scholarship (two)
Third Place: $500 scholarship (two)
1. Watch the Foundation’s video “The Greek Secret” on the subject of philotimo at https://bit.ly/2k3PEDg
2. In 500 words, or less, answer one of the following questions:
- What does philotimo mean to you?
- What are some extraordinary examples of philotimo that you have seen?
- What are some of the things you can do in your daily life to exhibit philotimo?
- How can philotimo improve your life?
3. Submit your answer to the Foundation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 4.